I decided to try counted cross stitch for the first time. My mom makes cross stitch Christmas Stockings for family members and I always wanted to try, but on a much smaller scale. Ornaments were perfect for a first timer. I had a lot of fun making them. I know we were aiming for a half point to 1 point, but these were well worth the extra time. I am so proud of how they turned out. I hope Team 1 likes them as much as I do. I did my best to pick out who got what since they are all different.
Here is a close up Collage of Allison's Ornaments:
*****
Snowflakes: Kristina
These bird ornaments are sort of a family tradition. It's a pattern my mom made when I was little and she's made them for years. When she started making them this year, it came to me that this should be my crafty! I've never made them before, just received them. :) I hope you all enjoy! It's been awhile since I busted out my sewing machine! lol
Also, please forgive me for not including any sort of card, but Day #5 is from ME!
Love, Kristina
*****
Mistletoes: Beth
When I saw THIS I just knew I had to make it. Reading through the directions seemed easy enough, so I evaluated my supplies...and to utter surprise, I had EVERYTHING I needed to make this for everyone.
When I was looking, I wanted to make something cute and purposeful. I personally have always wanted to have something to hold my keys when I walk in the door. I just never have seen anything that really caught my eye until then. It met my useful and cute criteria and was something that I myself would have liked to have had.
I hope you enjoy the key holder! I surly enjoyed making them for everyone!
Merry Christmas-
Beth





12 comments:
Key holder!!!!!! Perfect!!!!! I need this in a bad way because Chris is always fussing at me for leaving my keys in the car. And you know how I love me some beauty + function. Great pick Beth!
Allison, my socks are officially blown off. You are a cross stitch diva! So pretty and all of them are different?! Nice work!
Kristina, definitely sew more! Those are so cute and how neat that it's a family tradition.
Allison - Thank you so much! You did an amazing job and I love it!
Kristina - I agree, you should sew more! Those are darling!
Beth - What a super cute gift! I wish I could see a picture with the key in it, I'm confused by how it works.
You guys all did fantastic!!
Kristina!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! We will hang it proudly and with love!
Great job, Day 5!!
Kristina, I love that it's a family tradition. Makes it so much more special. Thank you!
Beth - the key holder is beautiful, although I admit, I'm just using it as a decorative accent in my bedroom in a little space on the wall between the door and the closet. Perfection!
Kristina and Allison - WOW! an incredible amount of work you put in to each of those and it was worth it, they are AWESOME!
Beth! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I really love all the book pages art I've been seeing around, cut outs and the like. This so beautiful! I already have a key holder because we each have keys and work badges galore so we needed something to tame the mess, but what I don't have is a way to manage the necklaces that don't fit in my jewelry box, this is perfect!! Already have it up and adorned with a few necklaces and it looks so awesome!!!
Kristina - another closet sewer!! Those are adorable!! What a great idea and great way to pass on a tradition to another bunch of families.
Allison! No WAY!! Counted cross-stitch is something I'm not sure I'll ever find the patience for, but I love the look. Those came out amazing!!!! Nice job!! I love how each one is unique. And that you did it while wearing Henry makes it even more impressive ;)
Such amazing work, mamas! It is obvious that they all were made with such clear attention to detail and thought about what would be beautiful, useful, and meaningful.
So impressed!
Great job ladies!!! Both ornaments are so beautiful!!
Beth- awesome job on the key holder! I lose my keys at least once a day! I love the look of the paper/ book pages! Awesome idea, and craftsmanship!! Thank you so much!
Great job ladies! I'm getting nervous as tomorrow comes closer.
Allison- How did you know that the kitten one was a good one for us? Kyra just had a kitten that has decided to stay and she loves this ornament
Ooh! Necklace hangar! I love that thought. What to do? What to do? Also, Beth, Ben would like to know what book died to make them. Such a cool idea!
Kristina! Great minds think alike :P
ALlison - Tell us who got which ones! I love mine! It is the one I would have picked if I got the choice! :)
Beth - I want to know which book "died" too! :) I am also glad we are sharing links because I want to make one so badly!
The book that "died" was, "The Trumpet and the Swan". I had a class set, but have never read it to any of my classes. They have just been sitting in my classroom for years since the reading level was above that of what my students could read (silly first year teacher purchase). It was also a Scholastic $.99 book so I didn't feel like I was throwing my money away! I liked that it had some pictures thrown in because it added to the coolness in my opinion!
I'm going to make a couple more today to use as gifts...and I think I'm going to attempt to use a magazine for one or two...cool, huh!!!
Post a Comment