Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day Four - 2011 (Sharron, Sarah, Melanie )

Candy Canes : Sharron
 I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do because the thing I had my heart most set on was something that some of my swap partners said they would never use, so I scoured the internet. I mentioned it to my media clerk the next day, see if she had any ideas and she told me about this scarf she saw at a college football game (they charged $25 for one of these). I thought they were cute, so I looked for a picture, and really went off that, I didn't use a tutorial :) It is a plus that they are nice and warm and cozy!!!


*****
Snowflakes : Sarah
The craft that I chose was a travel sewing kit. Originally I wanted to make something with felt because I love felt but I made my first one it looked like a 4 year old did it (!) so I decided to stick with what I am better at which is sewing! I found a few on pinterest which I did not pin just in case you saw it ;) The one that I saw and loved was a little too detailed for making 8 of them so I came up with my own design. I know that not everyone sews but I am hoping that some day you need to sew a button or just pin something. And I got my felt in by making the felt flowers on the front which all are different! Hopefully you find it useful! Merry Christmas :)





*****
Mistletoes : Melanie
I have this great reusable shopping bag that I got at the GAP recently.  It's so convenient to stick in the glove box or purse for shopping...  or to stick in the weekend bag and use for a dirty clothes bag. (realistically, I use mine for this the most. )

I have used ripstop nylon in the past for other projects, and it's pretty fun to sew... so I thought I would create some bags for you ladies to use as well.  I pondered lots of different designs, but as I use and like one just like this, I thought I'd go with what I know.


Merry Christmas! 


*****

13 comments:

Beth said...

I just can't get over the gifts. Another day where I wanted EVERYTHING!!!

Mel- Thank you, thank you, thank you! This reusable bag is going straight in my purse. I know you know how many bags we use with two kiddos. This was so thoughtful and best of all, USEFUL! I will use it all the time.

Sarah- Your sewing kits are just adorable and I soooo want one. What a great little giftie! It's perfectly pretty and will be so great to carry around.

and Sharron- Wow, those scarf's are so cute! What a nice little addition to keep everyone warm this winter!!!

Great job ladies! I'm so impressed...and nervous...tomorrow is my day!

Michelle said...

Sharron - Thank you! Such a great scarf!

Mel - Such a great, practical idea!

Sarah - Awesome! I think I need to make some!

fourminicks said...

Oh.My.Word. This bag makes me SO HAPPY! Love love love it. Super cool idea that I will use ALL THE TIME! Thank you so much. Sharron, those are totally cute! I've never seen those before, were they time consuming? And Sarah, oh Sarah, why couldn't you have been on my team too...

Jennie M said...

Seriously I wish you could all SEE Sarah's amazing sewing kit. It's PHENOMENAL! It will get years and years of use, here! I'm not a sewer, but I do buttons and quick fixes all of the time. THIS IS PERFECT. Seriously!

Sharron and Mel -- Those are fantastic!!!!

Amelia said...

Practical day on the swap!! Love it!!!!

Sharron - omg, those look so cozy and cute! Are they all different? What a fun idea!!

Sarah - Those are adorable!! What a great idea, something that anyone can use and with lots of neat features. Nice job!! Love the extra touches!

MEL! I have been needing a bag like this for forever! One I can just fold up and sneak into my diaper bag or car so I always have it instead of getting somewhere and remembering like I usually do. I have all sorts of patterns pinned and bookmarked and whatever but I've never got around to making one. And I LOVE the ripstop nylon, so light and packable. PERFECT! And you must have a serger. I got one from a friend of my mom's because she doesn't use it anymore and I'm scared of it. Is it hard?

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Love everything today!

Sharron - funky fresh and fun! so glad I got one! I wore it to Lucas's Christmas Program since we walked there!

Sarah - Amazing. Simply amazing! The colors are perfect too! This will be so handy and PERFECT to toss in a purse or diaper bag!

Mel - What a perfect thing to add to a diaper bag, or to keep in the car for emergencies! I can just picture these ladies pulling it out when they go to the farmers market too!

This is so much fun!

Melanie said...

I WISH the serger was mine, Amelia. It's my mom's. I made them at her house so the edges could be nice and finished. The hardest part about them is threading them. :)

So glad you guys like the bags.

Those sewing kits are amazing. & those scarves are so much fun!

so glad my day is over :)

Megan said...

Oh, Sarah, you are so talented! The sewing kit is amazingly perfect - your workmanship and details are incredible. The little tiny scissors, safety pins, four colors of thread.. I could go on and on. Thank you so very much!

Sharron - What fun, cute, cozy scarves! How perfect for the season!

Mel - The nylon bags are my favorite - I have a set of four that I keep in my purse and use daily. Your team is so very lucky!

Amelia - the serger isn't scary at all! Mel's right - the hardest part is the threading!

Jen Fluharty said...

Sharron! I love it, and your right, it is nice and cozy. I don't like to have layers and layers wrapped around my neck, so the bulk of this is fantastic for me!

Sarah - I'm totally in love with those kits! Definatly a little jealous!

Melanie - Love that the gift was practical, something everyone can use!!


Another great day! I can't wait for tomorrow!

Lisa said...

Sharron-- Love the scarf! Kyra has already claimed it as her own! :)

Mel and Sarah- Wonderful gifts!

Misty said...

Mel- love this bag!!! It is the perfect size! I always need this type of bag for a quick trip into the store! Love that you made a tie on it to keep it folded and closed. It's already on my diaper bag. Great job!

Sharron- what a fun scarf!! I've never seen one like that before! Definitely looks warm and cozy!!

Sarah- I need one of those!!! With all the kids someone is always popping buttons or pulling out hems! Your team will definitely get good use out of those! Also, love the fabric!!

McLeodx5 said...

Sarah! You are the sewing goddess for sure! I cannot believe you make SEVEN! I love it, thank you sooo soooo much!

Mel and Sharron, I love the usefulness of your gifties. How perfect!!

Lindsey said...

I seriously unwrapped Mel's bag and immediately packed it up for the day to use at my workshop! It's perfect! Just the right depth and width and it's portability is awesome!!! Thank you so much Mel! I'm amazed by your sewing skills.

Super fun scarf Sharron! I'm curious what your other idea was... :)

Sarah, such a neat little handy project! I love everything in miniature and travel size!