Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day Six - 2011 (Lisa,Nasrene, Misty)

Candy Canes: Lisa

I chose magnets because I don't consider myself very crafty.  Also,I thought that these would be an easy craft for a procrastinator like me.  I really wanted magnets for myself too.  :) I hope that everyone likes them.

*****

Snowflakes : Nasrene


                                      Un-holiday cards!

I chose this crafty because I knew it was something I could do with my limited crafty skill level (ha!) but would still be appreciated by the crafty mavens of OLW.  What initially drew me to this subgroup in the first place (back in the old days of OBBC) were Emily’s beautiful photographs on her blog of her every day life with Noah and Joe.  I loved how she made the seemingly “ordinary days” appear so extraordinary through her lens and her blog posts.
I soon found that so many of you ladies shared this very same talent…making the most of each day, savoring the “ordinary” days, and making the little moments in life special with your families.   Last year Sarah-of-the-Avy-Quinn posted a brilliant, quick and easy gift idea, which served as my inspiration for this gift.  Enclosed is a week’s worth of blank notecards, pre-stamped ‘cause I love ya.  ;-)  I made them using photographs I took around my house and around my city.  Simple little snapshots of the ordinary things in my life that make my ordinary days extraordinary.   I hope you share these little bits of pretty with your friends and family for absolutely no reason or holiday.  They are ordinary, any day, un-holiday cards.   Use them to say thank you, I love you, I was just thinking of you, hope you had a great day, or really anything at all.  
We don’t need to wait for Christmas to give, New Years to resolve, Thanksgiving to be grateful, or Valentine’s Day to love.  It’s the ordinary, “un-holiday” days that make life extraordinary after all.
I hope the recipients enjoy them as much as I enjoyed creating them for you.  
♥
Nasrene




*****

Mistletoes: Misty
This year I made you girls reversible half aprons.  Pinterest was my inspiration.  I thought the aprons would be a fairly simple "first" sewing project.  I learned a lot in the process of making these, and had so much fun doing so! I hope you girls all enjoy them, and that they make you smile when you wear them.  I love each and every one of you!! -Misty


*****

19 comments:

fourminicks said...

Misty, I am in LOVE with the fabric you chose for these aprons! The orange with the hints of blue on one side. GORGEOUS! I may just have to bake today, so I can wear it! - Thank you so much <3

Nas, what a COOL idea. Love it! Very very creative. You can no longer claim to be "un crafty". You hit it out of the park!

Lisa - everyone can use more magnets, right? Did anyone take pics? Need more details... I'm sure they're lovely!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Awesome Job Day 6!

Lisa! So cute! I think I am going to keep them up all year!

Nas great idea! Great Execution! I agree with Keri! LOL

Misty I love your fabric choices, so funky and pretty!

2 days to go!!!!

Dawn said...

Lisa- we need some pics!

Nas- I love them! I didn't spot Sadie and Brian. So cute ands fun to send.

Misty- love the fabric choices.


Great job!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I see Lisa's pic can no one else?

Beth said...

I see them too!

OHMYGOSH Misty, the cute little apron is PERFECT!!! I am totally in love with it! I'm getting a sewing maching for Christmas and my ideas are spinning!!! Everything bout it is lovely!

Lisa- Awesome magnets! I would have loved those!!!

and Nas- Your cards are so cool! I however would have a hard time using them...which is a problem I have. They look to pretty to use! What a great idea!

Man, we are a talented bunch of ladies!

Emily said...

aahhhhh! I want an apron!!! Love them, Misty :)

Nas~what an amazing and thoughtful gift! Did everyone get a whole set? I'm with BBeth--I would want to frame them and not use them!

Lisa~thanks for the magnets! So cute!

Amelia said...

I have no time, so I'll comment on the rest later, but MISTY! This is GORGEOUS!! I've been desperate for an apron forever and this is soooo beautiful, so much better than anything I could have made. I was *this* close to making an apron for this swap, but it would have been so much less in so many ways, I'm glad I didn't. Perfect perfect perfect.

fourminicks said...

I can see Lisa's pics now.... cute magnets!

Megan said...

Oh, Nas!!! Your gift is perfect. Your photographs are simply beautiful and make me joyful just looking at them. And your letter reminding us to send kind thoughts in our everyday lives totally made me tear up. Thank you.

Lisa - you are right. Everyone can use magnets, and yours are adorable. Great job!

Misty - those aprons are beautiful and show such time and love. What a lucky group you have!

Michelle said...

Lisa - Cute magnets! Thank you!

Nas - Super cute idea! I LOVE it!

Misty - Awesome job on the aprons!

AllisonDacia said...

Thank you Lisa. The magnets are great.

I am totally jealous of the other groups. I want Nas notecards and a Misty apron!

Jennie M said...

NO WAY Misty! Those are awesome -- I can not believe that is your first time sewing! GREAT job!!!

Lisa -- SUPER cute and a great idea!

Nas, I love them!! They are perfect and much needed. LOVE seeing what they are!!

McLeodx5 said...

Nas, thanks for the notecards...I can't wait to use them! Great idea!!!

Misty, BRAVO! First sewing project = MAJOR SUCCESS!!

Lisa, adorable and functional...good job!

Misty said...

I'm so glad you girls like the aprons!! I was a little nervous, especially when I broke my ankle, and had to sew left footed! Thanks for all the love! :)

Lisa- those are my favorite kind of magnets!! Nice job!!

Nas- I'm jealous!!! What a perfect idea! I love the pictures you took, and totally wish I had some!!

Stefanie said...

Way to go day 6 -- all are awesome crafties!! I am LOVING my apron though...I can only hope that my first time sewing turns out this awesome! Way to go, Misty!!!

Amelia said...

I didn't even have a chance to look at the other crafts this morning. WOW!!!

Lisa - whatEVER, those are great! Always a HUGE hit. I'm glad you stepped up and joined in, hope you join again!!

Nas! Those are sooooo cool, gorgeous photos. I think that's the first time anyones done cards, and it is such a fabulous idea, I LOVE it. Very crafty and fun and really sweet with such thought behind each one.

Misty - still swooning over your apron. I can't believe that's your first sewing project! You guys should see the detail on these, they really are amazing. I love the colors, too. It is so perfect in so many ways.

This has been an amazing swap. Everything has been so original and so much fun.

Lindsey said...

I fa-rea-king LOVE this apron. I wore it for hours yesterday JUST BECAUSE. It's so cute and functional. And I do not believe this was your first sewing project, it looks flawless! Way to go mama!

Nas, verrrrry cool idea. I love that you gave the picture breakdown of where you took each one. I agree, you have outed yourself officially as having craftyness!

Lisa, great job on the magnets! I have a set of those that Molly made me YEARS ago and I use them and love them everyday.

Melanie said...

Seriously, Misty?! First time sewing?! You are awesome! This apron is GORGEOUS! The fabrics are perfect. The seams are perfectly straight. You did an AMAZING job!

dawn said...

i think misty may have found her calling. the apron is not only gorgeous it is sewn perfect. she managed to cut up and sew the polka dots so they are perfectly lined up. i am honored and amazed to get one. it also came in real handy when i was making cookies last night.

nas, what an awesome idea! you have such a great eye. love them.

lisa, i wish i was on your team. i have been meaning to make some of those for ages. they came out great.