Thanks to Pinterest, I had no shortage of ideas for this swap. Tank tops turned into totes, rings, ornaments - then I came across a tutoral for these little keychains, and I knew I had a winner.
I looked all over for tags (you know, cause I only half read the tutorial and didn't see the suggestion to use laminate chip samples) but couldn't find the, Luckily - we have an Archivers near by. :) Then covered them with scrapbook paper, and used pictures lovingly lifted from Facebook. A couple layers of Mod Podge, and they were ready.
Merry Christmas, everyone - can't wait to see the rest of the gifties!!
*****
Snowflakes: Jess
My craft is a wreath ornament. I had a tough time deciding if I should do something Christmas-y or something that could be used all year long. I went to everyone's go-to source for crafty inspiration--pinterest--and saw these mini wreaths (http://christopherandtia.blogspot.com/2010/12/handmade-yarn-wreath-ornaments-2010.html). They looked cute, could be somewhat personalized with colors and didn't seem too time consuming. I decided to give it a go. I ordered the mini wreath forms from the site the the tutorial listed, but you could also use shower rings. I bought a couple skeins of yarn and everything else came from my craft stash.
After I finished the wreaths, I thought they looked bare so I decided to add a bow and a charm to hang down to add some extra "flair." I used this site for the charm (http://www.sarahortega.com/2011/05/diy-bird-nest-necklace.html?m=1).
Each wreath has its own color scheme, picked specifically for its recipient. I hope you all like them and know how much fun I had making these for you all!
For the swap I decided to do the glass pendants #1) because Melody made these for our FIRST swap and I get so many compliments when I wear it, I wanted to make more. So I made more, and more, and more. I used scrapbook paper I had on hand and I love the way they turned out! I bought the necklace part at JoAnns, and it's important that you know you PUSH TOGETHER, THEN TWIST APART. I wanted to make sure you had a necklace that you could slide the pendant on and off, in case you had another one you'd rather use.
For the second part of the gift I did a version of these
Super quick, super easy and cute!
And then, of course, who doesn't need one.more.scrappy.flower!




13 comments:
Keri! These are fantastic!! I get so many complements on my key fob -- and I am sure I will get tons of compliments on these too! Great job!
Jess -- those wreaths are adorable and I love the bird nest charm!
Jen -- those tags are so cute!
Great job everyone!!
Awesome job! I LOVE it all!
Jen - Thanks so much! Such a thoughtful gift! I really LOVE it!
Keri - I LOVE yours too! Such a great job!
Jess - I love the ornaments and how they are used with colors the recipient likes!
Oh my gosh, these just keep getting better and better!
Keri- I LOVE my jewelery and flower. They are just PERFECT and I'll get a ton of wear out of all three!
And OH. EM. GEE. How awesome are Jess and Jen's swappies too??? I am totally jealous over here. I want all of this stuff!
Yet again, I am so impressed!
Keri - your flowers and necklace charms are beautiful! I love the papers you chose.
Jen - I've seen those tags, too, and loved them - way to go making something that everyone wishes they had, but almost never gets the chance to make!
Jess - I'm in love!! My ornament is on the tree right now, but after christmas it will be moving in with my regular decor. The colors are PERFECT, and your craftmanship, as always, is EXCELLENT! Thank you!!
JESS. Seriously I've been wanting a bird nest charm FOREVER. I don't think I can make one - looks hard. This will NOT be a XMAS decoration -- that is for sure!!!!!
I LOVE everything!
Jen - Laughing that I had made these for Grandparents and ran out of time to make some for ME! LOVE THEM, and can't WAIT to get Mason's. :)
Jess - I think you should post who got what colors! I think its more than an ornament and I love that! A-MAZ-ING!!!
Keri - Love everything! So fun and pretty! Fancy Fancy! :)
I love that each day is so awesome and that everyone's personality is taken into account! :)
Val - You have NO IDEA how badly I was freaking out when you posted the link to these in the group!! Major panic attack right then!!
Jess - that wreaths are adorable! I can't wait to try them!
Keri - Kinda wishing I was on your team today. ;) Love it, even if I don't wear jewelry!
Keri, my bling loving daughter DOVE for that necklace the second we unwrapped it. :) SUCH beautiful things you made. THANK YOU!
I need to make some of those wreaths, Jess. They're gorgeous. And I'm with Val. I want to know which ones went to which ladies :)
And Jen, such a great idea! Such a great way to show off your adorable kids when you don't have them with you!
Thanks for the love on my crafties...I was actually a bit nervous for today, but i can now breathe a sigh of relief.
Jen, I love those! Must add to the to-do list. Great job!
Keri, what a fabulous package to open!!
Who got what:
Top L-R: Kristina, Dawn, Jennie
Bottom L-R: Sarah, Nas, Anna, Megan
Jess and Jen, I am in LOVE with these ideas! Jen, what a thoughtful, practical idea. LOVE! Jess, those are gorgeous and like the others, I would never want to take that off if I had one on. Beautiful work ladies!
Keri- Thank you so much for the necklace. It is beautiful! No joke, I had just told Casey I needed some fun new jewelry! The bracelet is perfect. I love that it is dainty!
Jen- I love the tags! I called around today to see where I could get laminate chips! Those are awesome!
Jess- I love your ornaments, and teh birds nest charm is the icing on the cake!
Another home run derby day!
Keri, I love this necklace, it is so ME. The shape of it, the colors, everything. Love. Wearing it tomorrow. I loved those glass pendants the first swap and totally wanted one since then, so thank you! And the pin and bracelet are fun too!
Jess, as usual, you are the MAC at crafting, haha. Super cute! And the bird's nest was a perfect little addition!
Jen, I love anything and everything personalized and those tag keychains are going to be prized possessions I know! Great pick!
Okay, phew, long day. LOVE the necklace Keri, it's so cute. I love them ALL, but mine is the perfect one for me. I really love the clasp, so clever, and the chain is such a neat touch, the whole thing together is really beautiful. The bracelet is perfect, I'm always looking for understated jewelry in black or dark grey that I can wear to orchestra concerts that won't rattle, and this fits the bill to a T!! And the flower pin is gorgeous!!! Really love them all, definitely feels like an awful lot, any one of those things would have been lovely. Impressed that you carved out all that crafting time even with everything else you have going on.
Jess, those are so perfect! I really love the charms, what a great touch!!! So sweet that they can use them separately. Two for one!
Jen, I have those pinned, up in my browser, linked, emailed, bookmarked, I want to make them so badly but I haven't had time to seek out the supplies! I love them sooo much!! You did such a great job, too, so much better than I could do. They came out perfect.
Fun fun fun!!
Post a Comment