{Picture courtesy of Steph}
"I don't think it's any great secret that I'm not a crafty gal, and to even try to do a craft that required sewing or bead stringing or any kind of art would have been setting myself up for extreme embarrassment. I can, however, cook. So, the second that I signed on for this swap, I knew that my gift would need to be of the edible variety. I came up with the idea of truffles fairly early on, mostly because they're small and easy to ship, and also because you can go crazy with the flavors. I decided that I would make my truffles special by flavoring them with my favorite liquors. The actual content of the alcohol in the truffles is very low, but what little I did add really goes a long way in terms of adding flavor.
All of the truffles that I sent are of the dark chocolate variety, and I used the best chocolate that I could find. Making them was a two day process. Some had to be prepared, cooled overnight, and then rolled and coated the following day. Others only required a couple of hours refrigeration before the chocolate was cool enough to scoop.
I included 6 different truffles in each package. The truffles are as follows:
1. Orange - This truffle is the one coated in cocoa powder. It was flavored with Cointreau and orange zest.
2. Raspberry - This truffle is the one that is drizzled with white chocolate. It was flavored with Chambord.
3. Jamaican Rum Cream - This truffle is the one coated with powdered sugar. It's flavor is self-explanatory
4. Black Russian - This truffle is coated with toasted walnuts. It was flavored with Kahlua and vodka.
5. Hazelnut - This truffle is coated with toasted hazelnuts. It was flavored with Frangelico.
6. Tequila Surprise - This truffle is the one that is drizzled with dark chocolate. This is my absolute favorite. Even if you are not a lover of tequila, you will find that this truffle is special. I wish I could elaborate more, but you'll just have to try it to understand what I mean. I would suggest taking small bites of this one so that you can fully appreciate it.
I hope everyone enjoys this gift!"
Pictures courtesy of Dawn. Thank's Dawn they're lovely and really show how delicious they look!

20 comments:
UN-BE-LIEVEABLE! I think the Jamacian Rum Cream is my fave... of course I had to take a tiny bite of each... it was my pre-breakfast -breakfast. YUMMMMMM!!!!
How stinking tasty do those sound?!?!?!
While I totally DO NOT buy your confession of non-craftiness (remember those ATC's???) I do agree that you can cook like a mad woman. Fabulous idea!
I snuck a peak before I left this morning and was truly amazed at how beautiful and PERFECT these things look -- and now I can't wait to sample them!! I am sure they are delicious....they SOUND delicious!!
And, I love that #1 and #2 on our team are StefpHs! :)
I just had a DIVINE hazelnut truffle with my morning coffee. YUM-tastic! Thank you Steph! I'm going to enjoy each and every one of them and I'm NOT sharing.;)
HOLY YUM!!!!! The tequila would be my favorite too, I love tequila. Wow, I'm just amazed that you even could make truffles, and then came up with 6 amazing ones! Lucky green team ;)
Dude. I can NOT wait to try them. The Mormon girl in me probably shouldn't, but let's pretend I assumed the alcohol cooked out, K? :)
Thank you, Stef!
Yum. Simply amazing.
I remember your fabulous ATC so don't be too hard on yourself. You are also one crafty mama.
DELISH!!!! will we be sampling these at our next socal get together...?!?! ;) great idea, steph!!!
Awesome! Allie J wanted to try them and I said--Nope, these are mommy's food.
You're gonna give Martha Stewart a run for her money with these, Steph! These are so, so good! Thank you... from the bottom of my tummy! :)
Where's the green smiley of envy when you need him? I am salivating just thinking about your confections Steph! Especially the Chambord one. And the Black Russian. Oh and the Tequila....I have to go wipe my drool now...
These are probably going to be gone by the end of the day. The two (yes, that's right, I have had TWO before noon) I sampled were divine. Even though they have been in my fridge since their arrival, I should probably consume them ASAP for safety, right? Right. ;)
sounds YUMMY! I can't wait to see a picture
I had to peak before I left for work this morning, and was THRILLED with the surprise. What incredible treats - thank you Steph! Now I just want the day to be over so I can go home and try them.
I must go try these. I don't think I'm going to share with Jason.
This was so awesome, Steph! You did a great job! You 2 have me worried about mine now! Loved the one I had tonight!
Now that I've seen a picture of them I am even more jealous. You are so talented Steph.
Thank you again, StePH!! These look absolutly heavenly!! I can't wait to dig in!!
I didn't even read the guide, I just dug in and immediately thought, "Oh, this is my favorite," without even trying the others. Later, I went back and ate another one and thought, "No, THIS is my favorite one!" I have a feeling this trend will continue through the whole box! Thank you for such a yummy treat today and tomorrow. I don't think they'll last much longer than that! You ROCKED it!
Ok, next year sign me up for both teams!! I love truffles, and can tell these taste heavenly! What a great idea you had Steph!!!
Post a Comment