A Message from Dawn....
"As many of you know my craft that I enjoy the most is cross stitching, but it feels "old." So I decided to try embroidery, I looked through some books and found some beautiful stuff that was really more modern. I also found some great blogs. Mainly this one, http://www.feelingstitchy.com/. I loved the homespun, relaxed look of some of the pieces. I found red napkins that were large enough to be used as fingertip towels or basket liners. I tried making a very structured, simple, Christmas word but found that it was too structured for my style. On a whim and out of frustration, I made a very haphazard looking little snowman. I thought he looked so cute all uneven and free handed. I added some beads and some free handed words and there it was~~ A kind of folky, relaxed, haphazard little snowman, with a winter message."
I can't wait to see some pictures of these! I bet they are just darling!
12 comments:
It is darling Dawn! I love it. And it will look so cute in the bottom of a basket of cookies.
Naturally, Allie thinks it is a blanket and therefore, hers.
Love it, Dawn! I'm going to use it as a cute little decoration for my kitchen. And, how did you know that I've been OBSESSED with hot chocolate lately?
a perfect combination! Love love love the hand stitch - it's "primative" and right up my alley. Thanks a bunch!
So cute! & I like Molly's idea AND Anna's! I'm certain I'll find the perfect use(s) for it. Thank you, Dawn! That had to have been time consuming.
Dawn, I loved that you "free handed" this towel... it makes it that much more special to me! Thank you! :)
And Tucker immediately thought it was his new "nigh-night"... I think not... ;-)
Dawn, hand stitched - WOW! I love the bead detail, too. Noelle has also claimed it as hers... but I will get it back before the day is over. Thank you so much. I love the cranberry red. xoxo
Ha Ha, everyone else's kids claimed the towel. Corey was up when I opened this package at 5:30, and he said, "num-nums, eat, now" He didn't care about the towel (which is beautiful) but wanted the cocoa. Also, in my 5:30 stuper, I first read your directions as "add to 3-4 tbsps of water" I was thinking that isn't a whole lot, lol. Thank you Dawn, I love it!!!
pictures, ladies!!! it sounds adorable!
I just got home and was so excited to get to open your gift, Dawn. The hot cocoa mix alone would have been a great gift, but your beautiful tea towel sent me over the moon. I love it - and you know how us teachers feel about snow days!
Dawn,The towel was beautiful and must have taken time! I'm sorry I haven't taken pics of it. Today was such a crazy day! :) Hot chocolate will come in handy this week!
Very cute Dawn! I think it came out great!
Ack, too cute! I love the little snowmen!! And their little hats! After having barely mastered a straight line, I can safely say these are awesome.
Post a Comment