A message from Miss Beth...
"My ‘theme word’ for 2009 was JOY, and that’s exactly what I wanted my craft to bring each one of you, to show you just how special I consider the friendships we’ve built and nurtured at our little haven on the web called ELW. Little did I know HOW MUCH I would be called to deliver on that promise.
One of the down sides to being an eternal optimist is the propensity to be overly ambitious with your goals – sometimes not seeing how your plan might be derailed.
In this case, I learned a very hard lesson. Glitter paper and the Cricut do NOT mix. L This one problem turned my quick and easy paper craft into a month long oddessey of late nights, missed deadlines and LOTS of Trader Joe’s Holiday Joe Joes. Dunked in Turbo iced coffee. ;)
So as you hang up your “Joy To The World” banners, I want you to know that blood, sweat and yes , even tears were shed in its creation. And truly, from the bottom of my heart, every bit of that was worth it to be able to send off 13 pretty little matching boxes to the far corners of the country, knowing that you would each smile as they revealed themselves out of their tin cases, like a smiley-hug sent from me!

My favorite part of creating them was how they each “chose” their owner. I wasn’t able to find a large enough quantity of paper to make them all the same, so I chose coordinating papers and just let the creative process flow. When I was done, it was as clear as day to me which one was destined for you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them. And as much as I enjoy your company on this ride we call motherhood. The bond we share is so special to me, as is every one of you!"
Amazing Beth, just AMAZING!
Here is a picture of Lindsey's.
Thanks for sending it... it's adorable on your mantle!
12 comments:
Beth, I can't even begin to tell you how much this brought a smile to my face this morning! I immediately hung it up on my mantle and I love everything about it. The colors and shapes and glitter ribbon. And I love that I will be able to pull this out of my cute little box every year. Thank you!....and now I need a Cricut!
You finally did it, Smiley. You're posts in the past have had me on the verge of tears, but today after reading the write up of your beautiful gift, I am moved and the tears are flowing. Thank you so much!
Aaaaaaaaaand it's perfect.
Can't even begin to describe how absolutely perfect it is. I keep seeing new details (like the coordinating ribbon between the words!).
LOVE. IT.
Thank you, Beth! It's fabulous - I can tell you worked hard on these!
PERFECT. the gift, the presentation, the description you wrote, all of it. i love it all, smiley! thank you for putting so much of you and US into these gifts.
THANK YOU. <3
I absolutely LOVE it! You chose the perfect paper for me. I also loved the presentation. The way it fit so perfect in the tin and the way that it just kept coming out. So beautiful. I hung it up by my stockings.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10083423@N02/4197127173/in/set-72157622829536941/
ps I love your picture collage.
Holy crap, Beth! GORGEOUS!! I bow to your crafting prowess.
Beth, Beautiful job! Your banner did and will continue to bring me joy! So cool that you incorporated that word into your gift. I know these took so much work, and I appreciate every second of it! I LOVE this gift and I LOVE the colors you chose for me! Thank you!!
Beth- that is beautiful! I can't believe you made THIRTEEN of those! Your post was amazing!
You are amazing!!! I can't believe that you made 13 of these. It completes my Christmas decorations in the family room. My mantle never looked so wonderful. You are such a sweet person and I am thankful that I can call you a friend :)
Wow. These are simply stunning and perfect. You are amazing. Yup. Amazing.
Post a Comment