Thursday, December 10, 2009

On the 4th Day of Christmas Miss Lyn brought to us.... Green Team

That's right... Lyn's turn.  I know you all are going to just LOVE your tampon cozie too!  Just kidding... or am I!



Naa... she had something else in mind for you.  Oh my... look at these!

A message from Miss Lyn...
"I put off making my crafties for the longest time, mostly because I was having a hard time deciding what crafty would be easy enough to make sweat-shop style. I must have bookmarked no less than 50 different ideas during October and November. Somehow, nothing seemed quite right. Then, I had an unfortunate incident in which my fun kitchen gloves bit the dust. Rather than try to repair them, I figured that I would just make a new pair. How hard could it be? Then it hit me - I could make 13 pairs. Cost would be minimal, postage would be affordable. We had a winner! And so I began gathering supplies. Yellow rubber gloves are easy to find and extremely cheap. However, I didn't have a lot of fabrics in my stash that coordinated with the bright yellow. The search continued. I eventually found white (goes with everything!) latex-free kitchen gloves at Walmart. As luck (bad luck) would have it, Walmart was no longer carrying these white gloves and 4 Walmarts later, I still only had 9 pairs. Boo! I had to do a quick change of plans for the last four pairs and settled on hot pink gloves for those. My original gloves were pleated and I originally intended to do pleats for each of my gifties. Until I realized that it would be much faster to just gather the fabric into a ruffle. Fortunately the fabric strips that I had already cut were the right length for a ruffly cuff. I hemmed one edge, sewed the gathered fabric into a cuff, then sewed the cuff to the gloves. Easy, peasy. All of the fabrics were from my stash and no two pairs of gloves are the same. I hope that everyone enjoys their kitschy kitchen gloves! "
 



18 comments:

Dawn said...

I love them, it will make doing the dishes so much happier!

Lisa said...

Very fun and very cute! :) Thanks Lyn!

2Bugaboos said...

Lyn, how did you know I've been stalking these on Sur la Table? They're FAB... and I bet will bring out my inner Domestic Diva!
Thank you!
- Judie

Lindsey said...

Those are FREAKING ADORABLE!!!

Never in my life would I have imagined that rubber gloves could be cute. But then came Lyn!

And I'm wicked jealous that I didn't get a tampon cozy.

Stefanie said...

Is it bad that I am excited to clean now? Except I don't want to get something so pretty dirty!!

Thank you so much Lyn, these ROCK!!!

Amelia said...

Oh man, between my new kitchen and those gloves, I'd spend my whole day in there! What a fabulous idea!!!

Anna said...

Allie has claimed these, too, as mittens. Have a goofy pic I should share. And the extra cozie on the front---priceless!

mflott said...

Just a great idea! Love it!

AllisonDacia said...

Such a NEAT idea!

Molly said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! My pretty new gloves just *might* entice me to do the dishes. And my tampons thank you for their new cozy:)

Melanie said...

Wahoo! my tampons will be cozy and my hands will be clean while i clean! BEST presents EVER! Thank you Lyn! I would never have thought of that.

Melanie said...

also, I LOVE that I got the cupcake ones!

McLeodx5 said...

great idea! those could possibly make doing dishes bearable! and i'm totally jealous i didn't get a tampon cozie too!!!!!

Lyn said...

Yay! So glad that everyone so far likes them! Did anyone else with a pink set get two of the same hand?? Once I figure out which ones I mixed up, I'll send out the missing gloves...

Unknown said...

LOVE THEM!!! Now I can paint my nails and still do the dishes. Now I just need to figure out how to teach without ruining them.

Thanks Lyn, I really do love them, and the cozy of course

fourminicks said...

I'm late leaving my comment, but I LOVE THESE GLOVES!!! What an awesome idea. Even Steve wanted to wear them ..lol

Megan said...

I'm thinking that between my apron form Em and these FABULOUS gloves, I my just have to become a domestic diva yet! Thanks, Lyn - I love 'em.

Lisa said...

Lyn-:) I had the 2 left gloves! :) These are great...Kyra has tried to claim them!