A message from Mel...
"I spent a lot of time trying to decide what would ship easily and what I could do without a sewing machine! Every craft I wanted to try started out with a sewing machine. Since I do not have a sewing machine, or access to one, I decided to do a variation on Bella Beth's glass tile magnets.
I found the decorative card stock at my local scrap book store and cut with the 7/8inch punch.
I used a clear backed sticker for the initials, which required a little more time for the glue to try when adhering to the glass. The Weldbond glue is white when wet and clear when dry. It took a long time for the glue to turn clear where the sticker was. I say that so you don't freak out that it's not clear in an hour. Give yourself a lot of time, read - days, for the glue to dry before going to the next step, if you try with a sticker. *Note: I did try making one using Krazy Glue (clear) to adhere the paper/sticker to the glass and it left a funky clear wave over the image. It didn't look right, even though it was clear. I suggest sticking (ha,ha) with the Weldbond and giving yourself more time in the drying process.
Before I put the bail on I sealed the paper with Aleen's Paper Glaze, which I found at Michael's. I let that dry and then put the bails on.
Tada!
I'm so glad you like them. The little bit of sparkle and the festive colors made me happy while I worked on them. Happy Holidays!"
Initial Necklace Pendants... SO cute!
Thanks for the picture Dawn!
10 comments:
YAY! First to comment today. Melody, I absolutely love it, love it, love it!!!! I am going to attach a red ribbon to mine and wear it is a pendant!!!!
Thanks so much, Mel! I love pendants - like Sharron, I'm looking for a cute ribbon to hang it on. And your packaging was fantastic - the time on that alone was huge!
I cannot wait to go and get a black cord to wear this. I have it on my silver chain at the moment, but I think a simple black cord necklace will look nice too! It is sooooo beautiful and I am sooo thankful! Oh, and your packaging was almost too nice to tear into (so I did it gently).
Great job Melody! So fabulous!
I LOVE tile necklaces. I have several, but none are personalized and none are festive! I'm so excited to wear it for the rest of the month!
I love love love it, Mel! Now, to find just the perfect necklace to hang it from...
I love it Melody! I've been wearing it all day with a silver chain. Thanks to the girls, I'm now going to look for a red ribbon! :)
I'm so glad I didn't pick up a little chain at the mall today because I am SO using ribbon (Thanks for the idea, Sharron!) We have a Christmas party to go to next Saturday night... I know what I'll be wearing around my neck!
Thank you!!!! :)
Melody - darling package, darling pendant! Loving the idea of putting it on a red ribbon to wear as a necklace too. :)
Melody,
I love it! Perfect colors.
Post a Comment