Day One brought us a gift from Sarah. Here is a message from Sarah....
"There were a few reasons why I chose to make a wristlet as my craft. First, this is my first craft and I really wanted to be a part of it. I remember being so envious of all the fun last year and I definitely wanted to be a part of it this year. Second, I wanted and needed to choose something that didn't weight too much because of the shipping cost (so sorry Misty and Emily). I thought the wristlet was cute and fun and I thought everyone needed one for when they did quick errands and didn't want to bring a diaper bag or if you ever went out without toddler in tow! I also liked the idea of the assembly line so that is why I chose the same fabric for everything.
I also wanted to include something that means a lot to me at Christmas time so I included one of two recipes. I am Swedish and I grew up making cookies with my grandmother (yes, not my mother!) so this is a tradition that I am carrying on for my children. I included the Rosenmunnar Swedish thumbprint cookies for those of you who have older children because they can help with rolling the dough into balls or use their tiny thumbs to make the imprints. And I included the Pepparkakor Cookies for the rest of you. These are my favorite! They are yummier than gingersnaps! My grandmother used to have gigantic jars of these hiding in their guestroom closet and I used to sneak in there and snack on them all the time!
I hope everyone enjoys their wristlet and recipes. Merry Christmas!
Sarah (of the three!)"



22 comments:
Yipeeeee! I'm first to comment!! I was a good girl and didn't squish my package so while I knew it would be something sewn (because Sarah is the QUEEN of the sewing machine!) I didn't know what. It's a good thing I didn't open the manila envelope because the second that lovely maroon and raffia package was in my hands, the wrapping was torn to shreds and my gorgeous wristlet was in my hands!
Sarah, sewing is the one craft I have not mastered even though I love it so. That's why a gift like this (like the Birdie Sling Lyn made for me on our Mother's Day swap) is somthing that I will truly, TRULY treasure. Just like I treasure your frienship! :)
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!! thank you sooo sooo sooo much sarah! the wristlet, the receipe, the wrapping...all of it is just perfect. :)
OK, I'm not on your team, Sarah, but I NEED that Pepparkakor Cookies recipe. I always buy them at IKEA and I love them SO much. . .
if anyone is willing to share. :)
I cannot believe you gave us the Pepparkakor cookie recipe! My friend's mom made those growing up and I have always wanted the traditional recipe for them. I squealed out loud when I saw it!
And the zippered clutch... oh my word. The very first thing I thought of was using it as a wallet so that when I run in a store sans children, I don't have to lug the entire bag!!! I love it and can't wait to use it.
Sarah, I just LOVE the wristlet - it's perfect! Thank you so much! Oh, and I'm so happy you sent me that recipe - our advent activity today is to make cookies together so this will be perfect!
Great job Sarah. It looks great and very handy!
This just confirms that I NEED to learn to sew. And I second Mel's request that those recipes find their way to the recipe thread! YUMMO!
I am SO in love. LOVE the fabrics, ogled the fine craftsmanship of the lining for at LEAST five minutes, and swooned at the total package-- the cute wrapping, the recipe, the clover usefulness of the gift...
Thank you Sarah! It will be used TODAY, I promise you. :) :)
(Also, thanks for going first. You had NO reason to be scared. It was a PERFECT start!)
These are SO pretty - Sarah, NO reason at all to be worried about going first!!
And for the others (like me) looking for the recipe - the pic can be clicked on for a larger size. I'll be coping it that way! ;)
You guys are so sweet! What a reflief that you are happy with my crafty. And I promise to share the recipes today on the recipe thread!
I LOVE my wristlet!!
It's just beautiful! You are so talented and did a wonderful job! Thanks for all the love that went into these.
My kids will LOVE this recipe! I can't wait to make them!!
Yum! I think I'm going to blow up the pics so I can see the other recipe too ;) I just about squealed when I saw the clutch because I'm always switching bags between work and taking baby out and just going out shopping and it takes me for-E.V.E.R. to gather all my goodies together. I was so frustrated this morning because I couldn't find my wallet (it was in my camera bag). Now I can just grab my little clutch and go!! I'm so excited! Thank you Sarah!
Sarah, these are BEAUTIFUL!!! Way to go jumping in. SO fun to see the things that both teams are gifted with.
Okay, Sarah... add me to the list of those who want the Pepparkakor recipe! I have to admit, I've never tried them, but since Mel raves about these cookies, they've got to be good. Plus, I'd love to make some for my native-Norwegian mother-in-law. The wristlet is fantastic! Beth is right... you are the Queen of the sewing machine! :)
Sarah~That is so clever! I love the thought of having a smaller bag to carry in for "lightweight" days. Heaven knows we all have enough to carry with our children and their accessories in tow... Beautiful and love the recipe idea!
Sarah- The wristlet is a great idea! You did such a good job! :)
Sarah, I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE the wristlet and recipe! I won't lie, I've never heard of the cookie, but that doesn't mean I won't try it. My butt has never met a cookie it didn't like! Anyway, thanks so much, you did a great job!!!
Sarah - The clutches are beautiful! Post those recipes...pretty please?
Ooooooh, I want. It's pretty AND practical!
I absolutely love this!! Thank you Sarah.
Sarah, I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love these. They are so beautiful in pictures that I can only imagine how beautiful they are in person.
So, I'm not in your group. I just stumbled upon your blog - GOOD IDEA BY THE WAY! HOW FUN! - and wanted to know more about that recipe for Pepparkakor Cookies! What is the rest of the recipe? Bake time and temperature, etc? I'll check back and hope that someone posted it here in the comments :)
Post a Comment