Monday, December 7, 2009

On the second day of Christmas, Jess sent all of us...Red Team

My craft really doesn't have a "purpose" in the traditional sense. The only purpose this craft serves is to decorate your craft space (or whatever space you choose to keep it). The tutorial I followed to make the felt flowers came from here. Otherwise, this craft is pretty straight forward, as far as assembly. I used the colors red, turquoise and brown because the red and turquoise are the "signature" ELW colors. :) I used felt, rick rack and buttons because, well, I LOVE crafting with felt, rick rack and buttons! The canvas I used came (in part) from Emily's virtual garage sale so I found it fitting that she get it back in some form. I really enjoyed making these for you girls and hope that you enjoy them, despite the lack of usefulness. :)

xoxo ~ jess
A TOO TOO cute picture from Misty!  Isn't Jess's craft just ADORABLE!


Pictures from Dawn.  So cute!  Thanks Dawn!!!


20 comments:

Amelia said...

Jess, I love it! It is so adorable! I love the font you used for the letter, I love that it's ELW colors and I LOVE that so much of the spirit of ELW went into it. I want to hang it in my craft area but it wouldn't get the attention it deserves down there. I need two or three.

Beth said...

Jess, I LOVE it! Truly, it is just lovely. So, so cute, and totally ELW!

Thanks so much. Now I just need to figure out where to put it!

Melanie said...

So, how did you cut out the letters? I try and try to cut out cute fonts from felt and I always struggle. Did you Cricut them? Or are you JUST THAT GOOD?

So cute, Jess.

Molly said...

So cute, Jess!

orngpikkle said...

Love it Jess! I can't believe you made all of these with 3 little ones taking up your time.

Thanks so much for posting a link to the tutorial. I would love to make a bunch of these. For what, who knows. I can't resist though because they are so darn cute.

McLeodx5 said...

thanks for the love, girls!

mel - i used super stiff felt and cut them by hand. i thought about doing it on the cricut, but wasn't sure if i needed a deep cut blade (which i do not have) and i didn't wanna take a chance.

dawn - i thought FOR SURE you would've already had that page bookmarked. those flowers are SO YOU. :)

Stefanie said...

Those are so awesome! I love the colors, the buttons and that Em got something of hers BACK on this crafty! So cool, Jess!! And to do it with 3 underfoot -- you ROCK!

Lindsey said...

Jess, Liberty caught sight of your gift and INSISTED that I hang it in HER room. :) She will be able to ogle it all night long.

We both love it!

Beth said...

Jess, I had two thoughts when I opened your gift last night.

a. I LOVE IT!!!
b. Jennie is gonna FLIP!

Buttons, ric rac, red and turquoise, what is NOT to love I ask you? And I'm so excited because Marc and I were just talking about carving out a craft space for me and this will be the perfect decoration for the wall! :)

Lyn said...

Adorable for sure! Love the rick rack and button details.

AllisonDacia said...

Beautiful. The colors are great!

I am starting to kick myself for not participating. I WILL next one.

Lindsey said...

BTW wasn't it Emily that said "beauty IS a purpose"?

So, yeah, pretty sure your craftie has a pretty clear purpose!! :)

Megan said...

Jess - They are sooooo adorable! I love the buttons and the individualization of each canvas. What a special thing!

2Bugaboos said...

Jess, you never cease to amaze me -- your upbeat attitude, your ability to get it done with 2 beautiful kids and a newborn! And of course, your wonderful craftiness! These are so cute, so ELW, so perfect.

xoxo
Judie :)

Sarah said...

I absolutely love it. Rick rack is my favorite and belongs on everything! I love every detail and I can't believe you cut the letters out. And that flower, truly awesome!

Lisa said...

Jess- It is so adorable! :) You did a fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

Jess - Simply beautiful!!!

Steph said...

This is so cute! Count me among those in awe of the fact that you found time to do this. Incredible!

Misty said...

I love this craft Jess! The colors, the Em behind it, and just its cuteness! The bow (pom pom) is just adorable! My 7 year old thought that everyone got the letter "M" because we are all moms. I didn't want to spoil it for her and tell her everyone got the first letter of their name, because she thinks being a mom is so COOL! ;)

mel said...

Jess, these are so darn cute! Thanks for posting the tutorial, I will have to check that out because I see a few gifties in my future with your inspiration as motivation!